The Ross Shepard Reentry Resource Center
The Ross Shepard Reentry Resource Center (RRC) is a comprehensive job assistance center where men and women with criminal histories can get help finding employment. The RRC is staffed with knowledgeable and helpful people to assist with job searches, including referrals, resume writing, access to bus passes and obtaining official identification. Visitors can use onsite computers to search and apply for jobs. There is a regularly updated community jobs board and information on how to access a variety of resources in Lane County.
The RRC is open to Sponsors program participants and other Lane County residents who have criminal backgrounds. The center offers rotating workshops in:
- Effective job search strategies
- Interviewing tips, including how to answer those difficult questions about felony histories
- Overcoming a criminal background: how to present and talk about yourself
- Resume-writing workshops
- Skill-building workshops
- Financial literacy classes with a focus on savings and budgeting
- Applying for school and student loans
- Pro bono legal assistance.
- Basic computer skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Renters’ rights
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8am-12pm, 12:30-4pm
Tuesday: 8am-12pm, 2-4pm
Thursday: 8am-12pm, 1:15-4pm
Free Monthly Events:
- Legal Clinic (open to anyone in Lane County with a criminal history!): first Friday of the month; starts at 2 pm, ends at 4 pm; first-come, first-served basis; prior sign-up required (but we will also take people the day of)
- Personal Finance, Savings, and Budgeting with Wells Fargo: second Friday of the month; 9am; prior sign-up required (but we will also take people the day of)
- Interview Workshop: 2 every month (day and time rotates)
The RRC is located at 338 Highway 99 North, Eugene OR 97402.
Call 541-505-5682 for additional information or to set up an appointment. Walk-ins are always welcome.